nLIGHT is a vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is a publicly held company headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.
- Ownership of site control systems and instrumentation.
- Manage contracted resources including RFP’s, purchase requisitions, invoicing, and contract reviews.
- Coordinate activities of internal and external resources to support internal customers.
- Write and manage the execution of detailed work instructions and procedures
- Building and grounds management – manage contracted resources.
- Develop project budgets and scopes based on internal customer needs and system capabilities.
- Energy management and energy team leadership.
- Document existing systems. Develop capacity models and system roadmaps to anticipate future needs as nLIGHT continues to grow.
- Define, manage, and communicate performance expectations to suppliers including quality, performance, reliability, capacities, metrics, and KPI’s.
- Manage projects from conceptual planning, through detailed design, construction, commissioning, and operations support.
- Define, review, supervise and/or approve construction activities.
- Define system metrics, KPI’s, and reporting formats.
- Drive improvement through trending and monitoring of system metrics and KPI’s.
- Define, develop, and implement maintenance schedules for a variety of facilities systems and equipment through CMMS systems.
- Maintain and update as-built drawings and site documentation.
- Troubleshoot facilities systems, instrumentation, controllers, and control systems. Work with staff technicians and contracted resources as needed.
- Mentor and develop skillset of staff technicians.
- Site security.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 year of experience in facilities or high-tech environment
- B.S. Engineering preferred. Experience and A.S. or Military training will be considered.
- Working knowledge and ability to manage control systems design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, and testing.
- Working knowledge of controls systems and ability to manage contracted resources for the following:
- Wonderware Facilities Monitoring.
- Johnson Controls Facility Monitoring.
- Security Pro Card Access Controls.
- Burglar Alarm
- Johnson Controls Building Management and Fire Alarm.
- Building Management Controls.
- Video Management Systems.
- POU Hazardous Gas Detectors.
- Facilities instrumentation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Establish, monitor, manage and communicate project milestones through regular staff meetings and project reviews.
- Ability to complete difficult projects and demonstrate skilled problem solving based on experience and judgment.
- Ability to work as part of a facilities team, a cross functional team, and/or to lead a team, and to communicate well, both orally and in writing during the execution of the programs, projects, or tasks assigned.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Strong Excel skills including data management and data analysis.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position