Compensation and Benefits Analyst
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.
nLIGHT is seeking a Compensation and Benefits Analyst to join our HR team located in Vancouver, Washington.
As a critical member of the Human Resources team, the Compensation and Benefit Analyst will be responsible for activities to support the development, implementation and administration of compensation and benefit policies and programs. We are seeking an individual with very high personal and professional values and a desire to make an impact and grow with the company.
Benefit and Compensation Responsibilities include:
- Plan and administer the organization’s benefit programs (including health plans, 401(k), life and disability).
- Evaluate, recommend and implement additional benefit enhancements and changes to ensure competitiveness.
- Lead, plan, and implement Open Enrollment, including communication, training, vendor updates, changes, and other related items.
- Complete the organization’s reporting and compliance of all health and welfare plans including all audits and legal filings.
- Partner with Accounting and Payroll on a variety of topics, including monthly billing reconciliation.
- Act as primary contact for plan vendors and employees for resolution of health and welfare plan questions or issues.
- Manage all HR system transactions for employee benefit enrollments and life event changes. Assist with other employee changes as needed.
- Assist and/or lead implementation of a new HRIS system.
- Support annual focal process, including communicating the process, preparation of files for managers and coordination of inputs.
- Assist in the development of corporate pay structure and practice for US and coordinate similar structure with international sites.
- Participate in compensation/benefits surveys and analyze company’s competitive position.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws governing both compensation and benefits practices.
- Other duties as assigned to support the shifting business needs and priorities throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- CEBS and/or CCP certification desired.
- Solid experience with Benefits administration.
- Must enjoy challenges, fixing problems, and driving improvements.
- Creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills.
- MS Excel power-user. Comfortable using databases and creating spreadsheets and reports.
- Experience with implementation of HRIS systems preferred. Ability to quickly grasp, new technology systems.
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability of maintaining confidential and proprietary information. setting professional boundaries as needed.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to grasp issues quickly and prioritize appropriately.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net Apply for this position