Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
This role provides a vital link between the organization and information to drive revenue growth and profitability. Lead critical financial processes and day-to-day financial planning activities in a rapidly growing, newly public company. Partner with the executive team and managers to continuously improve business decisions and results.
- Lead annual operating plan, quarterly forecast updates, and long-term planning process, including communication with the management team and worldwide finance teams. Help determine quarterly guidance. Prepare forecast financial statements and high-level explanations of trends and variances. Provide financial guidance and insightful analysis and advice to the management team. Track progress against initiatives. Ensure management has the financial insight necessary to achieve goals.
- Provide tools and analysis to help maximize profitability of portfolio of products, programs, customers and new opportunities. Partner with management team to analyze various business decisions and evaluate investment opportunities including new product investments.
- Lead the Quarterly Business Review, including determination of topics, meeting details and tracking completion of action items.
- Prepare board level presentations for board meetings, investor meetings, and internal reviews.
- Further develop business metrics and reporting. Explore alternative technologies to support timely reporting of metrics and business information. Participate in the data warehouse project, helping drive design and definition. Evaluate the financial forecasting software solution and determine the best solution going forward.
- Identify and drive process changes to help the organization as it grows.
- Build an effective organization and strong team, continuously developing and mentoring finance staff
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant FP&A experience forecasting, analyzing, establishing key metrics, and generating results. Ideally, experience in a fast-paced, public manufacturing company with exposure to multiple worldwide divisions and sites.
- Prior management experience leading a finance organization.
- Creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills. Must enjoy challenges, fixing problems, and driving improvements. Quick thinker with strong attention to details.
- Excel and PowerPoint power-user. Comfortable using and creating databases.
- Experience with financial planning systems. Experience working in ERP systems and participating in system implementation projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships; ability to plan, organize and manage to completion multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and on time.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.
Apply for this position